We welcome volunteers from near and far to help in a variety of ways.
Become a Volunteer: Multiple Opportunities
- Assist customers during weekly and monthly store hours and other programs throughout the year.
- Prepare weavings for sale by putting on tags and prices.
- Help at our annual scholarship fundraiser for Maya youth.
- Take photos of our events and sales and text them to one of our steering committee members to help promote our organization.
- If you have grant writing experience, we might need your assistance. We are a 501c3 organization and are eligible for grants.
- Address envelopes to mail our annual newsletter to members (April).
- Host a party and sale at your home to introduce the weavings to your friends.
- Model textiles for us to post for sale on Instagram.
- Visit the weaving collectives in Chiapas. Let us help you plan your trip.
- Encourage your friends to visit our website store and Instagram page to purchase a variety of items or to become a member. Our website store is a work-in-progress so please check back from time-to-time.
Many thanks to our frequent volunteers:
Guillermo Acosta, Shirley Baca, Andrea Bryan, Kit Elliott, Flora Graham, Anna Gray, Janina Singleton, Tess Lane, Greg Lester, Sarah Murphy, Victor Paalvast, Karen Shevet-Dinah, LaJune Smith, Kristi Smith, Kim Sorensen, Aracely Villegas, Sheryl Williams, Til Zimmerman and our first intern, Jazmin Celis, intern from the NMSU College Assistance Migrant Program
For those who have already been through our volunteer orientation, here are links to sign up to volunteer for upcoming events.
Next Monthly sale: